In-lab ESL Software
The Purdue Writing Lab maintains a computer and ESL software for use in the Writing Lab. Students may checkout the software with the front desk, and must return it when they are finished. This resource provides a list of the available software titles.
The following ESL software titles are available for students to use in the Purdue Writing Lab:
- Barron's 501 English Verbs - Audio CDs for use with Baron's 501 English Verbs by T.R. Beyer, Jr.
- Basic Grammar in Use - An English grammar self-study course.
- Grammar 3D - Grammar software for beginner to advanced level students.
- Oxford Collocation Dictionary
- Everyday Writer 3.0 - Electronic writing exercises to accompany The Everyday Writer by Andrea A. Lunsford
- Longman Writing Coach - Software to help with writing-related issues.
- NorthStar Focus on Listening and Speaking (2 CDs) - Audio CDs for advanced-level listenting/speaking practice.
- Pronunciation Power 2 - A computerized pronunciation guide for American English at the Intermediate/Advanced levels.
- Speak English Like an American - Dialogues focusing on American English conversation.
- Business English (4 CDs) - A self-study course on spoken business English.
- ESL Instant Immersion English - A self-study course focusing on day-to-day English.
- Listen! Disks 1 & 2
- 8-in-1 English Dictionary
- Speech Solutions
- TOEFL iBT Audio CDs - Audio study CDs for the TOEFL iBT.
- McGraw-Hill's GED