ESL Teacher Resources
The professional resources listed below are both theoretical and practical. The list includes links to organizations and journals of interest to language teachers and language policy developers, as well as to a selection of online teaching and reference materials. Each of these links is a portal to an extensive collection of further resources for the professional ESL community.
Contributors:Gigi Taylor, Allen Brizee
Last Edited: 2014-02-25 11:41:22
- Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages
- American Association for Applied Linguistics
- International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language
- European Writing Centers Association
- International Writing Centers Association
Scholarship and Policy Resources
- Second Language Writing Research Network Forum
- CCCC Statement on Second-Language Writing and Writers
- National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition and Language Instruction Educational Programs
- Center for Applied Linguistics
- Resources in Language Testing
- ESL Magazine Online
- Internet TESL Journal
- Language Learning and Technology
- Teaching English with Technology
- Internet TESL Journal Links Page: extensive, well organized set of links to scholarly and pedagogical resources.
- ESL Gold: materials, lesson plans, quizzes, online conversation partners, and links for teachers and students.
- Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab: audio and video for all English levels, including pre- and post-listening activities.
- Using English: large collection of language references, teacher resources, discussion forums, analysis tools, and links.
- The Internet for ESL Teachers: Claire Braden's collection of pedagogical articles. Follow the link to her homepage for more technical information.