Exercise : Writing Numbers Exercise
Write the correct answer for each sentence, using either words to spell out the numbers (thirty-one) or numerals where appropriate (31). Write a C if the sentence is correct as is.
- ___ 351 people attended the performance.
- ___ There were one hundred and thirty-five pieces in the puzzle.
- ___ Class started at eight-thirty A.M. in Room Twenty.
- ___ In the sixties there were sit-ins at 100's of colleges.
- ___ Every afternoon at two o'clock the chimes rang.
- ___ The stock deal, which involved $4.5 billion, paid a twelve and a half percent dividend.
- ___ The Lafayette television station is Channel Eighteen.
- ___ They needed eight ten-foot poles for the construction.
- ___ The vote was 126 in favor of the action and only sixteen opposed.
- ___ The assignment was to read chapter 6, pages 31-39.
- ___ Only fifty percent of high school students go on to college.
- ___ We were assigned a report of about 10 pages in length.
Answer: Writing Numbers Exercise
In the answers below, C means that the sentence is correct as is.
- Three hundred fifty-one
- 8:30 A.M.