Answer : Eliminating Wordiness Exercise 2
1. The cliffs dropped to the reefs seventy-five feet below, which were barely visible through the fog.
2. Their car is gassed up and ready for an all-night drive.
3. Sometimes Stan went running with Blanche, a good athlete on the track team at school.
4. Taylor brought some strange-tasting candy back from Europe that wasn't shaped like American candy.
5. Government leaders like to mention the creation of new jobs, claiming that these jobs indicate a strong economy, but ignoring the fact that low wage jobs without benefits and security have replaced many good jobs.Back to Questions