Answer : Eliminating Wordiness Exercise 1
Please note that these are a sampling of possible answers. These should be used as a guide to show what is possible, not as a source of the only "correct" answers for the exercise. Here are our suggestions:
1. Many local farmers plan to attend next Friday's meeting.
2. Bradley Hall is usually filled with students who do not study the building as a structure.
3. He dropped out of school to support his family.
4. The bus company will probably announce its schedule during the next few days.
5. Any student who wants to meet foreign students can do so in many ways.
6. Rarely will you find someone who has never told a deliberate lie.
7. Disobeying safety regulations causes trouble.
8. Five out of more than a thousand students at a campus rally were arrested for disorderly conduct, and several others were charged by campus administrators with organizing a public meeting without a permit.
9. Students think that the most important subjects are those that will be useful after graduation.
10. Soon college freshmen must realize that they need to contact their advisors about their choices of majors.
11. Our company provides opportunities for professional growth and stability in the dynamic field of aerospace technology.
12. There are people who are for and people who are against capital punishment.Back to Questions