Answer : Quotation Marks Exercise
1. "Mary is trying hard in school this semester," her father said.
2. "No," the taxi driver said curtly, "I cannot get you to the airport in fifteen minutes."
3. "I believe," Jack remarked, "that the best time of year to visit Europe is in the spring. At least that's what I read in a book entitled Guide to Europe."
4. My French professor told me that my accent is abominable. This sentence is correct as is.
5. She asked, "Is Time a magazine you read regularly?"
6. Flannery O'Connor probably got the title of one of her stories from the words of the old popular song, "A Good Man Is Hard to Find."
7. When did Roosevelt say, "We have nothing to fear but fear itself"?
8. It seems to me that "hip" and "cool" are words that are going out of style.
9. Yesterday, John said, "This afternoon I'll bring back your book Conflict in the Middle East"; however, he did not return it.
10. "Can you believe," Dot asked me, "that it has been almost five years since we've seen each other?"
11. "A Perfect Day for Bananafish" is, I believe, J. D. Salinger's best short story.
12. "Certainly," Mr. Martin said, "I shall explain the whole situation to him. I know that he will understand."Back to Questions