Answer : Adjective or Adverb Exercise 1
Correct answers are in bold.
1. He correctly defined the terms. The answer sounded correct.
2. She quickly adjusted the fees. She adapted quickly to any situation.
3. He measured the floor exactly. They proved to be perfectly exact measurements.
4. The stillness of the tomb was awful. The tomb was awfully still.
5. It was a dangerous lake to swim in. The man was dangerously drunk. The gas smelled dangerous.
6. She performed magnificently. It was a magnificently beautiful performance.
7. Her voice sounds beautiful. She sang the song exactly as it was written. We heard it perfectly.
8. He was a very sensible person. He acted very sensibly.
9. Mike wrote too slowly on the exam. He always writes slowly.
10. Talk softly or don't talk at all. The music played softly.
11. Andrea knows the material very well. She always treats us well.
12. You must send payments regularly. We deal on a strictly cash basis.
13. The mechanic's tools were good. The foreman said that his work was well done.
14. She worked carefully with the sick child. She was a very careful worker.
15. He did not pass the course as easily as he thought he would.
16. I find this novel very interesting. It was interestingly written.Back to Questions