Exercise : Prepositions of Direction: To, On (to), In (to)
Complete the following sentences with the correct preposition:
to, toward, on, onto, in, or into. Some sentences may have more than one possible correct answer. Remember that a few verbs of motion take only "on" rather than "onto."
1. Anna has returned ______ her home town.
2. The dog jumped ______ the lake.
3. Are the boys still swimming ______ the pool?
4. Thomas fell ______ the floor.
5. The plane landed ______ the runway.
6. We drove _____ the river for an hour but turned north before we reached it.
7. The kids climbed ______ the monkey bars.
8. Joanna got ______ Fred's car.
9. The baby spilled his cereal ______ the floor.
10. We cried to the man on the ladder, "Hang ______!"
11. I went ______ the gym.
12. Matthew and Michelle moved the table ______ the dining room.
13. Allan left your keys ______ the table.
14. Dr. Karper apologized for interrupting us and told us to carry ______ with our discussion.
15. I walk ______ the amusement park.
16. Pat drove Mike ______ the airport.
17. Glenn almost fell ______ the river.
18. The waitress noticed that there was no more Diet Pepsi ______ Marty's glass.
19. Lee and Sarah took the bus that was heading ______ the university.
20. Mary Sue jumped ______ the stage and danced.Go to Answers