These resources will help you write your résumé. These pages will also help you design your résumé so it looks professional. To use these pages, you may select links in the navigation bar on the left, you may select links from the list below, or you may advance through the pages using the links at the bottom of each page. Click here to download the PDF file containing sample résumés and employment letters.
The résumé pages are organized into the following sections:
- Résumé overview part 1
- What is a résumé?
- Why do I need to do a résumé?
- What should I do if I'm a veteran entering civilian life?
- Résumé overview part 2
- What should I do if I am transitioning from the automotive industry?
- What should I do about time I was not working?
- What should I do if I have been incarcerated?
- What should my résumé look like?
- What should my résumé include?
- Résumé sections part 1
- Contact information
- Work experience
- Résumé sections part 2
- Summary of skills
- Résumé sections part 3
- Optional section - professional affiliations
- Optional section - other experiences
- Résumé design part 1
- Designing your résumé
- Four-section Method (balancing your résumé)
- Résumé design part 2
- Using columns in your résumé
- Résumé fonts
- Other types of emphasis
- Checking your résumé
- The twenty-second test for checking your résumé's effectiveness