In each of the following sentences excerpted from the August 8, 2008 New York Times (and modified), the punctuation has been stripped away. Determine what is missing, and replace it. When you are finished, check your responses with another student or with a teacher.
1. Margaret is an incoming senior at a large suburban high school in the Midwest
2. At 8 pm on the eighth day of the eighth month in the year 2008 eight being a lucky number in China the world looked toward Beijing and the 91000 people inside the National Stadium known as the Birds Nest
3. Anyone who tries to disturb the Olympics now should be severely punished said Ma Jie 53 a taxi driver
4. In the film directed by Isabel Coixet and written by Nicholas Meyer he adapted Mr Roths book to the screen Kepesh is cool
5. Then the results were announced on the TV show and published Valerian had little or no effect on sleep
6. They remain an extremely high risk group when it comes to H I V
Click here exercise answers.