Answer : Comma Exercise 5
Correct answers are in bold.
1. We went to Bar Harbor but did not take the ferry to Nova Scotia.
2. The ginkgo tree, whose leaves turn bright yellow in the fall, came to this country from Asia.
3. The address for the governor's mansion is 391 West Ferry Road, Atlanta, Georgia.
4. The villagers enjoyed fairs, festivals, and good conversation.
5. When the intermission was over, the members of the audience moved back to their seats.
6. Andy took the elevator to the third floor, rushed into the office, and asked to see his father.
7. When he stumbled over your feet, William was clumsy, not rude.
8. She listened to her favorite record with close, careful attention.
9. Jillian, who had worked in the dress shop all summer, hoped to work there again during the Christmas holidays.
10. Go the first traffic light, turn left, and then look for a yellow brick building on the north side of the street.
11. After eating the dog's dinner, Frisbee ate his own.
12. "Oh no," Max exclaimed, "I think that Dr. Holmes was referring to Eliot the novelist, not Eliot the poet."
13. Below, the fields stretched out in a hundred shades of green.
14. To understand the purpose of the course, the student needs to read the syllabus.
15. All students are eligible to receive tickets but must go to the athletic office to pick them up.
16. Thomas Paine's pamphlet appeared in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on January 9, 1776.
17. You don't want any more hamburgers, do you?Back to Questions