How to Use the CWEST Web Area on the Purdue OWL
This page will help you navigate the CWEST Web area on the Purdue OWL so that you can find the GED, ESL, and job search document resources you need.
If you are still having problems finding the materials you need, please use the OWL's search box at the top of the navigation bar on the left side of the page or the OWL's Site Map.
At the top of CWEST pages, you will find the seven major areas of the Purdue OWL Family of Sites:
- Purdue OWL: pages containing the writing resources
- Writing Lab: pages containing information on the lab located in 226 Heavilon Hall on Purdue's West Lafayette, Indiana, campus in the USA.
- OWL News: pages containing the OWL's newsletter and its archive
- Engagement: pages containing the Writing Lab's civic engagement projects; users will also find writing resources here on adult basic education: GED, ESL, and job search material
- Research: pages containing an extensive annotated bibliography on OWL and writing center research
- Contact: pages containing contact information for Writing Lab faculty and staff, as well as contact information for the Purdue OWL Email Tutors and the phone number for the grammar hotline
- Site Map: a listing of all resources contained on the OWL Family of Sites
Below the major areas, you will find the breadcrumb list showing where you are in the Purdue OWL and the CWEST. To return to the OWL home page, either select Purdue OWL at the top left side of the page or select Purdue OWL from the breadcrumb list. To return to the CWEST homepage, select the CWEST link in the breadcrumbs or the CWEST link in the navigation bar on the left side of CWEST pages.
The image below shows the link to the OWL Family of Sites home page, the link in the breadcrumbs to the home page of the entire OWL Family of Sites (the splash page), and the breadcrumbs:
You may use the links to the major areas of the OWL and/or the breadcrumbs to navigate the OWL and the CWEST. Or you may use the navigation bar at the left side of CWEST pages. Please note that the navigation bar will change to show resources available within each writing category. To find specific writing resources, select links in the navigation bar:
1. Select the CWEST category
2. Select the CWEST sub-category
3. Lastly, select the CWEST resource.
The page content to the right of the navigation bar will reflect the CWEST sub-category.
After you select the specific CWEST resource from the navigation bar, you will be taken to the material you selected.
At any point during your search for CWEST or OWL resources, you may use the OWL search box at the top of the navigation bar, or you may select the link to the OWL Site Map at the top right side of OWL pages.